The Civic Council adopted it’s annual goals at the January 2017 Public meeting.
2017 LADERA RANCH CIVIC COUNCIL WORKPLAN
- Hold Public Meetings to provide opportunities for public engagement and
discussion; creating a forum for civil discourse and an exchange of ideas.
- Meet and work collaboratively with the 5th District Supervisor, other elected
officials, and County representatives to discuss issues and address concerns
for the community.
- Meet and work collaboratively with local community organizations such as
LARMAC, LARCS, and the Ladera Rancho Chamber of Commerce.
- Provide regular updates to the community regarding public projects and other
actions taken the Orange County Board of Supervisors that may impact the
- Work with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department to keep the community
updated regarding public safety.
- Increase membership of the Civic Council by engaging in community outreach
- Increase sponsorship of the Civic Council to ensure it maintains a balanced
budget relative to its annual expenditures.
- Attend and plan special events such as the annual State of the Community, the Fourth of July Celebration, and Town Hall Meetings to discuss specialized topics of discussion.
- Advance work of the Ad-Hoc Committees, soliciting further direction from the entire Civic Council regarding actions that may require staff resources or extensive communication with County officials.
- Monitor State Legislation that could have an impact to the community, adopting positions on proposed bills as appropriate and making certain recommendations to the 5th District Supervisor.